Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Affordable Auto and Truck Repair in St. Petersburg
General Auto Repair Services
Auto AC & Heating Services
Thank you Mike for being so quick on the tire repair. Got me in and out and on time to work!
Mike was awesome!! Totally recommend him.
Mike was very helpful and knowledgeable. My starter was replaced and in no time I was back on the road. Starts up perfectly now.
I went looking for a good honest local mechanic. They are not easy to find. Bob took good care in finding the cause and resolving the issue with my vehicle. Bob even showed me the damage done to the radiator and carefully explained what was needed. I felt like they did a good job for an honest price. I take good care of my vehicles and now I know where I can go to get them serviced to last many more miles. Sept. 2022
Mr. Bob Ortiz and his staff provided excellent service to me after I encountered a problem driving down to St. Petersburg, Florida from New York City. He was professional, courteous and resolved the problem in a quick and timely manner. His rates are very reasonable. I will recommend him to my family/friends who live in the area or travel to the area.