Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Affordable Auto and Truck Repair in St. Petersburg
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
Great service,good prices
Very pleased with the work we had done on our Toyota Tundra. Fair pricing and excellent communication. Thank you!!
Great customer service and extremely helpful. I personally am a new car owner and received a lot of valuable information from an honest employee and an honest business. Everything was handled professionally and I would recommend.
Last week I found out the hard way that my go-to mechanic retired and closed up his shop.
I tried calling around different people I know for shop recommendations, but no one was answering the phone . I hopped on Yelp and Affordable Auto & Truck Repair this morning and stopped in shortly thereafter. Mike was super helpful and was able to text me the things I needed done to my car because I was in and out of meetings all day and didn't know when I would be able to be on the phone.
Once we agreed on the work that I was going to get done, he promptly turned it around and I picked up my car before they closed up today. One point to know is that I already had a part purchased from the store so I definitely think that helped with timing.
I had my power steering pump and serpentine belt on my 2006 Ford Focus replaced for $256. I'm definitely going to make this my new auto repair shop of record. Hopefully I don't need much more work done, but you never know what comes up!
First time customer. I was treated like a long time customer. Which will make me a permanent customer. Honest, Fair, and Reliable. I will recommend them to all my family and friends.... Thanks!
Great service and reasonable pricing.