Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Affordable Auto and Truck Repair in St. Petersburg
Auto AC & Heating Services
General Auto Repair Services
I really loved my experience with Affordable Auto and Truck Repair. They kept me informed and actually came in well under estimate on my repair. They are friendly and easy to work with.
Terrific service. Good prices, convenient and friendly.
Bob and his staff are amazing! They are all very professional, friendly, and upfront with prices. We have been taking our cars there for a few years now and have always been very pleased!! As long as Bob is in charge we will be customers. Thank you for great and honest service!!!
Great service. Squeezed me in when battery suddenly died. Installed new battery and cleaned up all the connections. In and out in 20 minutes. Fair price. Friendly and professional. Will use them again.
Fair price, quality workmanship.